fredag den 2. april 2010

Fastelavn

Many of you guys may not now what this means, and that's totally OK since it is Danish. I did not know the English word so I actually had to translate it for this post and here we go: Shrovetide.

In Denmark we have a tradition around Shrovetide where the kids are dressed up in costumes, kind of like the American Halloween. So the good moms sew their kid's costumes, but since I really have no idea how to do that (do not even have a sewing machine) I bought two outfits for Jonas - Winnie the Poo and Spiderman. Jesper got the final word on which costume Jonas had to wear for day care when celebrating Shrovetide there and Spiderman it was. Here is a picture taken right before we left.



This took place in February, and yes, it means that I am late with my posts.
More updates to follow since we have moved into our new house as well!

4 kommentarer:

iugal2002 sagde ...

adorable!!!

Maggie sagde ...

Did you teach him how to shoot a web out of his wrist?

ErinO sagde ...

Tina, just an FYI, but "shlichtervastin" or whatever your translation for "fastelavn" was - is not anywhere near an English word either. So we might as well keep it at Fastelavn.

By the way, Jonas looks absolutely darling in that costume!!

leaner345 sagde ...

oh its so darling!!! I love hearing the Danish News!! Keep it coming!